The Cranbury Public Library is a member of Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium or LMxAC.
LMxAC is a consortium of over 30 libraries in central New Jersey that pool their resources to provide collections, services and programs far beyond what Cranbury Public Library has been able to offer in the past. By joining LMxAC, Cranbury will be providing residents with access to over 3 million physical items in the shared collection, a new online catalog to search with more features, and a greatly expanded selection of digital materials to download and stream.
What does that mean for you?
- Lots of new online content such as magazines, movies, music, TV, ebooks, eaudiobooks and comics all available instantly.
- The ability to search Cranbury’s catalog as well as other Middlesex Library catalogs in one easy search.
- More print items available with the ability to place holds on items owned by any of the 33-member libraries. These items will be shipped to Cranbury for you to pick up and can be returned at any LMxAC Library.
- An integrated library account that shows both the print and digital content you have checked out.
- Easily use your Cranbury card at nearby Monroe and Plainsboro libraries as well as all 33 LMxAC libraries.
What stays the same?
- The way you use the Cranbury Public Library and the service our staff provides.
- Your library card number. (But you will need your card to check out items – especially at other libraries.)
- Loan periods for Cranbury items.
- Cranbury cardholders still have priority for all Cranbury materials.
What will be different?
- The online catalog you use to search for materials.
- You will need a PIN to access your online account. Initially your PIN will be the last 4 digits of your phone number. (You can change this once you log in for the first time.
- You will have the same access to eLibraryNJ titles but you need to select Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium as your library.