PART-TIME BUILDING MAINTENANCE MANAGER
The Cranbury Public Library is seeking a part-time Building Manager to carry out and coordinate the ongoing maintenance of our 11,000 sq. ft. public library building, newly opened in November 2022.
- Maintains public library building, furniture, and grounds; may assist in making repairs to building or equipment; does other related duties as required.
- Makes minor repairs to heating, electrical, plumbing, and other systems of varied types.
- Replaces light bulbs and ceiling tiles.
- Assembles furniture.
- Schedules and oversees annual maintenance, oversees work completed by outside contractors, and recommends repairs and new procedures to maintain the building.
- Sets up of meeting room tables and chairs.
- Maintains a security presence for after-hours meetings as needed.
- May be required to conduct minor maintenance of grounds, including trimming shrubs, removing dead landscaping, and planting new shrubs or annuals as needed.
- Assists library personnel in moving, removal, or storage of books, furniture, supplies, and equipment.
- Keeps essential records and files
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of how to make minor repairs to heating, electrical, plumbing, and other systems.
- Ability to handle cleaning problems, lift and move moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to follow safety precautions and to report potentially hazardous conditions.
- Ability to keep records.
- Effective communication skills.
- Command of email communication methods.
The Building Maintenance Manager must have any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and extensive experience in building maintenance and repair.
Appointees are required to possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
10-15 hours per week. Schedule is flexible and dependent on the needs of service.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and application to: email@example.com